Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ive Been Thinking - Iv''e Learned



I am a literary magpie! There I said it. Most days will find me searching and researching issues pertaining to life. I am compelled to write notes, memos and scribblings on the back of business cards and till receipts. Since the advent of mobile phones, I regularly fill my memories capacity with "note to self" and "reminders". I can't help it, I am addicted to it. My e-mail inbox is flooded with "reminders" and I always have at least three to four books that I am writing, on the go at any one time.




I can't watch a movie or TV programme without gleaning some interesting fact that urges me to record it on paper. Just like last night, an ecological programme stated that 90% of all bottled water contains 50% of its water content from our local tap water supply! Also, our local water supplies (by law), have to be monitored more frequently than bottled water supplies. By 2023 60% of the world will lack fresh water supplies. http://www.sundancechannel.com/ecotrip/


This $12 billion industry has to be the biggest marketing con of all time, people paying for a product that is free to most and with perhaps the largest pollution factor in our worldwide food chain. Have you been thinking? Have a watch and make a "note to self". http://www.sundancechannel.com/ecotrip/episodes/6/

Why do I do this? I am a literary magpie. Now I have to make a concerned effort to verify this information which requires more research and collection of "notes to self." Bob Jones a well known entrepreneur and businessman in New Zealand, once said of the education system, that the missing link in education is the "ability to think". That in my opinion is so true! One can have a masters in communication or business and yet have a string of failed relationship and businesses. The fact is, education may prepare you for life but in itself, will never initiate anything. Knowing about something is not as effective as doing something.
Whatever you have been thinking about of late, it's not sufficient to park your thoughts there. Why not put them into action after all "faith without works is dead faith"